Information for patients when they receive treatment from a doctor or nurse.
Politeness and respect must dominate in any nurse, doctor or patients misunderstanding.
• You, as a patient, must ask questions, because they are the one of the keys to your successful treatment. Get curious.
• There is information that the doctors, nurses, and other hospital personal have but will not give to you unless you ask.
• If you have any doubts about the results of the first examination or diagnosis get a second medical opinion.
• if you have any reason or doubt about your medical treatment and the medicines prescribe ask a question .
How does this medicine cure or control my medical condition?
I don't understand what is written here?
What does this mean?
What does this word mean?
I don't understand what you are talking about?
Before you take a medicine a nurse gives you ask her what is the name of this medicine and what is it for?
• You have the right to know the history and medical training of my doctor.
• If you think your medicine is making you sick tell the doctor.
• Research your medical care and illness on the internet.
• Everything the doctor writes about your case, that is given to you, must be written in penmanship that you, the patient understands.
• To be inform that the Patients Advocate or social worker is where you can go when you and your doctor, nurse and other hospital personal. have an misunderstanding.
• The patients has the right to the time needed for effective treatment.
• You are entitle to be told that spiritual guidance is available,
• You are entitle to be told- when other hospital personal accompany the doctor, who they are and why they are there.
• When tests, x-rays, and other medical procedures are taken of your body they become the patients property. This includes the physicians records of the patients appointments.
• You are entitle to be skeptical and irritated. But not the right to express it in an aggressive manner.
• When the doctor ask you how you feel must tell the doctor exactly how you feel. If you withhold that information then doctor can not successful treat your medical condition
• You must read the information that comes with the, your medication.
• The physicians, nurses and hospital personal and administration label your- the patients-inquiry into the quality of your treatment as a complaint. The inquiry and should be known as an misunderstanding.
• Your-the patients-patients room-is first and foremost your property Anyone entering this domain must be respectful and polite.
• Patients and physician relations does not include being subservience i,e, to obey without questioning.
And I remember the tears of wonder in my eyes when I looked down at my nephew Sebastian who was premature and only weight pounds and there he was,In the hospital crib, with a slight smile on his face thinking of some magical baby thoughts and was there alive and glowing like a angel, because of the nurses and doctors and I want to say thank you.
Physicians and Nurses Obligations
• Hospital personal is obliged to inform you, the patients, which important fundamental questions to ask. Why should you be penalized because you do not know what questions to ask.
• The patients must be told to read the information that comes with the prescription.
• The doctor is obligated to tell the patients the probable results if no treatment is undertaken.
• The attending doctor must tell the patients if they are residents, apprentices or interns.
• The nurses are obliged to tell the patients the results of blood pressure, pulse and other test at the time they are taken. The patient should not have to ask for the results.
• The patient has to be reminded, once and awhile, to exorcize and maintain a healthy diet.
• The doctors are obligated to, at times, give the patients assurances i.e a positive declaration intended to give confidence.
• The immediate cessation of doctors shorthand on any material that the patients read about their treatment and medications. If the patient can not understand then how can they give consent.
• The patients has the human right not to be describe in psychiatric terms just because they do not act like what the doctors thinks a patients should act like.
Article copyright NurseReview.org - #1 source of information to update nurses all over the world. All rights reserved. No part of an article may be reproduced without the prior permission.