1. Essential to ask a pt. with intermittent claudication> Do smoke a lot?
2. Drug that should be @ bedside with PVC> Lidocaine.
3. IN assessing pt with CHF nurse should pay particular attention to> onset of chest pain.
4. Assess a pt with Ischemic Heart Dse> Diet history.
5. Nsg dx priority with pt with heart blocks> Altered Tissue Perfusion.
6. Indicates circulatory overload for a pt with heart failure> dyspnea.
7. Caring for a pt with MI should the nurse report stat to the doctor>VF
8. Pt. with Angina has thrombosis—PTCA is performed—pt asked the nurse what is done in PTCA> balloon tipped catheter inserted using guide wire.
9. 72 hours post MI attack—pt most likely to develop> PVC.
10. Diuretic therapy given to a pt with CHF> to decrease venous return to the heart.
11. What can help a nurse in assessing a woman with HPN> how often do you have a headache.
12. When planning exercise program with HPN. What is important to consider> “How do you send your leisure time?”
13. Two m/o infant developed diaper rash. W/c action indicates that she understood teaching> She exposes the area to air.
14. A nurse admitted by her mother. On assessment, the nurse found a large bulge and raised rings on her thigh. What should the nurse ask> “Has the child been exposed to deer ticks?”
15. Which of the ff signs with a pt with burns indicated a possible complication> narrowed pulse pressure.
16. Which of the following is a sign of chlamydiasis> burning on urination.
17. A pt. diagnosed with herpes. Nurse should expect to make which of the ff diagnosis/> Alteration in comfort.
18. A partial thickness burns of 30% of pt’s body surface is classified as> Moderate burns.
19. Pt with Addison’s dse. Which should the nurse address initially> HPN.
20. Hyperthyroidism> “ Do you tire easily?”
21. PKU> refer the parent to a geneticist.
22. PKU—further teaching > “My child drinks milkshake 2x a day”.
23. Type 1 DM> test for ketones.
24. A pt is being assessed for increased ICP> Noting the pt’s papillary response to light.
25. Multiple sclerosis pt has urinary incontinence. What is the nursing care> Establish regular voiding schedule.
26. When pt has injury of the spine @ the level of T5-L1. Which of the ff should the nurse expect> full bladder.
27. The appropriate nsg dx for a pt with cerebral palsy> Risk for injury.
28. Which of the ff should the nurse keep @ bedside after cervical closure of myelomeningocele> tape measure.
29. The goal of care to a child with myelomeningocele> protection of the sac.
30. which of the ff room is appropriate for a pt with seizure> darkened room
31. Which of the ff is indicative of Jacksonian seizure> Seizure begins in the left arm progressing to some other parts.
32. Which of the ff symptoms if manifested by a pt with Myasthenia Gravis needs to be reported to a physician> resp distress.
33. Nsg dx of fluid volume excess for a pt with acute renal failure. Which of teh ff signs is supportive of the dx> Crackels @ the base of the lungs.
34. The result of which blood test would be most directly related to renal damage> creatinine.
35. A common symptom of BPH> nocturia.
36. Due to decrease in erythropoeitin in a pt with ESRF. The priority nsg careis to> provide bedrest
37. To assess the increase risk of developing glomerulonephritis in a pt—the nurse should ask which of the following> “Did you have streptococcal infection?”
38. Which of the ff statement of a mother whose child has been admitted for UTI—reflects a need for further teaching> “I’m glad that my child can go back to his bubble bath again:.
39. The appropriate diet for a pt with UTI is which of the following> Increase fluids and increase vitamin C.
40. Diarrhea, complication> Metabolic acidosis.
41. Paracentesis—body image disturbance> increased risk for infection
42. After common bile duct exploration—priority nsg care is> prevention of pneumonia.
43. Pancreatitis, discharged-nurse should report> foul-smelling bulky stool.
44. A sign that needs to be reported in a child post tonsillectomy> frequent swallowing.
45. Appropriate feeding device for a child post palate surgery> paper cup.
46. A child is brought to the hospital with a dx of gastroenteritis-which statement reflects NFI> “ I used boiled water from the well for his feeding.”
47. The priority nsg dx during acute attack of Meniere’s dse> risk for injury.
48. Position, cataract extraction> unoperated side to decrease edema.
49. Eye pain occurs post cataract surgery> call the MD.
50. Retinoblastoma> cat’s eye reflex
51. Retinoblastoma>refer to geneticist.
52. timoptic drugs> decrease IOP.
53. tonometer > detect ICP.
More to follow..Stay tune!
Article copyright NurseReview.org - #1 source of information to update nurses all over the world. All rights reserved. No part of an article may be reproduced without the prior permission.