1. Which of the following is a therapeutic response to a patient in depression when he says, "Don't waste your time with me."
a. "Just call me when you are okey."
b. “I’ll stay with you for a while."
c. "Why did you say that?"
d. " Can you manage alone?"
2. Which of the following nursing intervention would be most appropriate for a patient with bipolar disorder in Manic stage?
b. Ensure safety
c. Frequently reminding patient of things he should not do.
d. Do not respond to their enthusiasm.
3. A patient taking MAOI Is correct when he states:
a."I will drink beer instead of wine."
b. "MAO inhibitors are considered as effective as other forms of treatment."
c. "I will not eat bananas especially those which are over ripe."
d. "I should avoid milk & milk products
4. What js the difference between a depression of a normal person and that of a mentally ill person?
a. the same
b. no cure
c. Mentally ill is subject to suicidal tendencies
d. Seldom occurs and does not last long in normal person.
5. A client In MAOI (Nardil) therapy can eat which of tie following food?
d. fresh vegetables
6. Which organ functioning should be assessed prior to giving lithium
7. Lithium serum of 2.5 is:
a. above normal
d. non therapeutic
8. Difficulty in naming previously known objects is:
a. expressive aphasia
c. global aphasia
9. In what category of personality disorders does somatoform disorder belong?
CONTINUATION WILL BE POSTED SOON...
Article copyright NurseReview.org - #1 source of information to update nurses all over the world. All rights reserved. No part of an article may be reproduced without the prior permission.