1. Osteoporosis is a disorder of?
a. Decreased bone mass
b. Decreased estrogen level
c. Autoimmune disorder
d. All of the above
2. Postmenopausal women are more prone to suffer from osteoporosis due to?
a. Decreased progesterone level
b. Increased Progesterone level
c. Decreased oestrogen level
d. Increased oestrogen level
3. Which amongst them is not a risk factor for osteoporosis?
a. Post menopausal women
b. Asian male
d. Asian females
4. Intervention to prevent osteoporosis in women should start at which age?
a. Below 10 years
b. 20-35 years
c. 35-45 years
d. above 45 years
5. Estrogen replacement therapy is contraindicated for use in which type of women?
a. Women who are prone to osteoporosis
b. Women who have high risk of developing breast cancer
c. Women who are prone to heart disease
d. Women who have high cholesterol levels
6. Which tool is known as 'Gold Standard' for diagnosing osteoporosis?
a. Biochemical markers of bone
c. Ultra sound of heel
d. Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry
7. What is the average calcium intake recommended for post menopausal women unable to take estrogen replacement therapy?
a. 400 mg/day
b. 200 mg/day
c. 1500 mg/day
d. None of the above
8. Alendronate can be used on which type of osteoporosis?
a. Post menopausal osteoporosis
b. Male osteoporosis
c. Steroid induced osteoporosis
d. All of the above
9. Alendronate is used in treatment of osteoporosis because it?
a. Inhibits osteoclastic activity
b. Inhibits osteoblastic activity
c. Increases calcium absorption
d. Activities PTH
10. What is the longest duration for which alendronate has been studied in postmenopausal women?
a. 3 years
b. 5 years
c. 7 years
d. 10 years
11. What is the name of the trial that showed that alendronate reduces the risk of hip and spinal fractures?
a. MORE trial
b. FIT trial
c. EPIC trial
d. PROOF trial
12. Which is not an antiresorptive drug?
b. Vit D
- Nursing Quiz Topic: Glaucoma
- Nursing Quiz Topic: Asthma
- Nursing Quiz Topic: Leptospirosis
- Nursing Quiz Topic: Osteoporosis
- Nursing Quiz Topic: COPD
- Nursing Quiz Topic: Atrial Fibrillation
- Nursing Quiz Topic: Anticoagulants
- Nursing Practice Test 1
- Nursing Practice Test 2
- Nursing Practice Test 3
- Nursing Practice Test 5
- Nursing Practice Test 6
- Nursing Practice Test 7
- Nursing Practice Test 8
- Nursing Practice I
- Nursing Practice I (CONT)
- Nursing Practice II
- Nursing Practice III
- Nursing Practice IV
- Nursing Practice V
- Nursing Practice Test 3a
- Nursing Practice Test 3b
- Nursing Practice Test 3c
- Nursing Practice Test 3d