How to Register for the NCLEX Examination?
1. Candidates must submit an application for licensure to the board of nursing where they wish to be licensed. Candidates must be sure to meet that board of nursing's application deadline.
2. Candidates who provide an e-mail address when registering for the NCLEX Examination will receive all subsequent correspondence from Pearson VUE only through e-mail. If a candidate does not provide an e-mail address when they register then all correspondence from Pearson VUE will arrive only through U.S. mail.3. Candidates need to register using one of the following methods: on the web, by mail or by telephone.
Registering on the Internet
1. Go to the NCLEX Candidate Web site (www.pearsonvue.com/nclex) and select the "Create a Web Account and register" option. Answer each question as directed. Use the Candidate Bulletin (PDF 740k) as a guide to answering the questions.
2. Candidates must pay for their registration by credit card, using one of the following: VISA, MasterCard or American Express. Candidates should have their credit card ready when they begin their internet registration.
Registering by Mail
1. Candidates must enclose a certified check, cashier's check, or money order (made payable to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing) for $200 in U.S. currency drawn on a bank in the United States with their registration. Candidates can use the enclosed envelope to return their registration form and payment. Mail to: NCLEX Operations, P.O. Box 64950, St. Paul, MN 55164-0950.
2. Personal checks, cash, foreign currency, stamps, receipts or proofs of payment will not be accepted.
3. Credit cards cannot be used when registering by mail.NOTE: Registrations that are not properly completed and/or are not accompanied by the proper payment will be returned to the candidate and will delay testing.
Registering by Telephone
1. Call NCLEX Candidate Services
2. Before a candidate calls, they should have the mail in registration form completed. The customer service representative will ask the candidate to provide the information collected on the registration form.
3. Payment methods: valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.
4. Candidates need to have their credit card ready when they call to register. Candidates must supply the name shown on the credit card, the credit card number, and the expiration date.
5. Credit cards will be verified before registrations are processed. Delays may be encountered if credit cards cannot be verified.
Article copyright NurseReview.org - #1 source of information to update nurses all over the world. All rights reserved. No part of an article may be reproduced without the prior permission.